UFC 254 has began: The prelims are underway, and the principle occasion is imminent. With the exception of a few stragglers, the fighters have made weight and we’re good to go. On the high of the cardboard is arguably the largest struggle of 2020: An entire banger in each sense of the phrase. A light-weight unification contest between and .
From a types standpoint, it may very well be essentially the most compelling match-up of the 12 months.
Learn extra at CBS Sports activities: UFC 254 reside updates
In a single nook we’ve got Nurmagomedov: Essentially the most dominant champion in UFC historical past. With a file of 28-0, he is solely misplaced one spherical in his complete MMA profession — in opposition to— and has dominated virtually each different second he is been within the octagon.
Within the different nook, probably his nightmare match-up. Justin Gaethje isn’t just a technical brawler with concrete slabs for fingers (and perhaps one of the best leg kicks in MMA) he is additionally a world class wrestler. The consensus is Gaethje has a greater probability than anybody to maintain this struggle on the ft and out of Nurmagomedov’s consolation zone — who likes to take opponent down and wreck them with floor and pound until they’re sapped of life and power. If you need additional perception into this match-up, you’ll be able to’t do higher than Inside The Octagon with Dan Hardy. Nice present, nice perception.
If you need a little bit extra data on the struggle and the backstory main as much as the competition, I like to recommend UFC Countdown.
UFC 254’s undercard is fairly gentle, except one struggle: A middleweight contest between former champ Robert Whittaker and Jared Cannonier. That one will likely be an absolute banger so do not miss it. Whittaker is without doubt one of the greatest UFC middleweights ever and Cannonier has been a wrecking ball within the final couple of years. The winner will most certainly face off in opposition to present champ, so tune in.
Find out how to watch UFC 254
This 12 months the UFC entered a brand new partnership with ESPN. That is nice information for the UFC and the growth of the game of MMA, however unhealthy information for shopper alternative. Particularly when you’re one of many UFC followers who wish to watch UFC reside within the US.
Within the US, if you wish to know learn how to watch UFC 254, you will solely discover the struggle night time on PPV by way of ESPN Plus. The fee construction is a bit complicated, however listed here are the choices to look at UFC on ESPN, based on ESPN’s site.
- Current yearly ESPN Plus subscribers can order the upcoming UFC fight for $65.
- Current month-to-month ESPN Plus subscribers will have the ability to both improve to an annual plan and purchase UFC PPV for $85 or buy the power to look at the UFC occasion on PPV for $65 by itself.
- New ESPN Plus subscribers should purchase a bundle of 1 UFC PPV occasion (streaming in HD) and an ESPN Plus annual recurring subscription for $85. The ESPN Plus annual ESPN subscription will auto-renew after one 12 months, on the value of an ESPN Plus annual subscription on the time of auto-renewal.
You are able to do all the above on the hyperlink under.
MMA followers within the UK can watch UFC 254 exclusively through BT Sport. There are extra choices when you reside in Australia. You’ll be able to watch UFC 254 by way of Predominant Occasion on Foxtel. You may also watch on the UFC website or using its app. You’ll be able to even order using your PlayStation 4 or utilizing the UFC app on your Xbox One.
It is a bizarre one. Usually UFC occasions have the identical begin instances, this time spherical it is completely topsy turvy so pay shut consideration to the instances under. For these in different areas, the UFC has a great list of start times.
- The primary card begins Oct. 24, 2 p.m. ET (11 a.m. PT).
- The prelims begin Oct. 24, 12 p.m. ET (9 a.m. PT).
- The early prelims begin Oct. 24, 10.15 a.m. ET (7.15 a.m. PT).
- The primary card begins Oct. 24, 7 p.m. BST.
- The prelims begin Oct. 24, 5 p.m. BST.
- The early prelims begin Oct 24, 3.15 BST.
- The primary card begins Oct. 25, 5 a.m. AEDT.
- The prelims begin Oct. 25, Three a.m. AEDT.
- The early prelims begin Oct. 25, 1.15 a.m. AEDT.
This card is topic to alter. We’ll try to preserve up to date as a lot as potential.
- Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Justin Gaethje,
- Robert Whittaker vs. Jared Cannonier
- Alexander Volkov vs. Walt Harris
- Jacob Malhoun vs. Phil Hawes
- Cynthia Calvillo vs. Lauren Murphy
- Magomed Ankalaev vs. Ion Cutelaba
- Stefan Struve vs. Tai Tuivasa
- Nathaniel Wooden vs. Casey Kenney
- Alex Oliveira vs. Shavkat Rahkmonov
- Da-un Ung vs. Sam Alvey
- Liana Jojua vs. Miranda Maverick
- Joel Alvarez vs. Alexander Yakovlev